Finally Spotify works with Siri! It took a long time, but since Spotify Music 8.5.6 for iOS 13, you can get Siri or Hey Siri on your iPhone to play and control music in your Spotify account. But which commands can you use? We've made a list of everything that Siri should now do in Spotify. Over time, the list may become even more powerful.
Unfortunately, most of the following commands work in Spotify Premium If you have a Spotify Free account and run many of the Siri requests listed below, only one Spotify recommended song will be launched. So, if you've been waiting for Siri to support you, it's time to sign up for a Spotify subscription.
The following Siri commands work not only on iOS 1
The first time you try to use a Spotify Siri command, Siri asks you to grant it access to your Spotify data. So be sure to press "Yes" or say. You can also find the option in the Settings app under "Use with Ask Siri" under "Settings" -> "Spotify" -> "Siri & Search" or under "Settings" -> "Siri & Search" -> "Spotify ".
Starting Music  Play my music : Starts playback of a random song from your library and creates a radio station based on it.
In the following commands, you can replace "Play" with "Shuffle", and Spotify automatically activates the "Shuffle" feature for the playlist, album, or artist.
- Play [Artist Name] on Spotify : Starts playback of tracks from the beginning of the playlist "This Is [Artist’s Name]" by Spotify.
- Play [Playlist Name] on Spotify : Starts playing songs from the beginning in your named playlist or in a playlist created by someone else if no matches were found in your library.
- Play my [Playlist Name] playlist on Spotify : Starts playing tracks in your named playlist from the beginning. Play [Album Name] on Spotify: Starts playing songs from the named album, with Shuffled enabled.
- Play [Album Name] by [Artist Name] on Spotify: Begins playing songs from the beginning in the aforementioned album.
- Play the latest album from [Artist Name] on Spotify : Start playing songs from the beginning in the artist's latest album.
- Play the first album of [Artist Name] on Spotify : Start playing songs from the beginning in the artist's earliest album.
- Play [genre] music on Spotify : Replaces Rock, Classical, Indie, Chill, Krautrock, Inspiration, Pop, Dance, Romance, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Punk etc. with a "genre" and plays songs the beginning of a recommended playlist by Spotify.
- Play [Podcast Name] on Spotify : Starts playing episodes of the mentioned podcast.
- Play [Podcast Name] Podcast on Spotify : Starts playing episodes from the aforementioned podcast. Good if only the podcast name did not get the right score.
- Play [Playlist Name] on Spotify : Starts playing songs from your named playlist or a playlist created by someone else if no matches were found in your library.
- Pause : Stops whatever is in the iOS player.
- Stop : Stop whatever iOS player is in iOS player.
- Continue : Restarts playback for all items in the iOS player.
- Skip this Title : Starts the next track in the queue.
- Turn on Repeat : Set it to repeat the current song.
- Previous track : Starts playing the current track from the beginning, not the previous track.
- Increase the volume. : Increases the volume.  Lower the volume : Decreases the volume.
- Which song is this? : Tell you the name of the song.
- What kind of album is this? : Tell you the name of the album.
- Who is singing this? : Tells you the name of the artist or band.
- In what year did this song appear? : Indicates, if known, the publication date.
- Tell me more about this artist. : Opens a Siri Knowledge card of the artist who can play different amounts of information based on what Siri knows about them, eg. Band members, hit songs, etc.
- Who plays drums? : Tell, if known, the drummer of the current song
- Who plays the guitar? : Tell you the guitarist of the current song, if known.
- Who plays bass? : Tell you the bassist of the current song, if known.
What you can not do right now is to ask Siri to like songs on Spotify, look for something in the app, add songs to a playlist, and jump into songs, just to name a few things. Let us know if you can find any more Siri commands for Spotify in the list above, and we'll add them.