At Reddit, every post and comment you leave is bound to your user account. That's usually fine, but what if you want to post anonymously? That's what a disposable account is for.
What is a disposable account?
A disposable account is a temporary account used for a specific purpose ̵
Reasons to Use a Disposable Reddit Account:
- Discussing Financial Issues
- Talking About Personal or Embarrassing Issues
- Ask Questions to Work with an Employer
- Any topic in which you want something free Even if you normally use an alias online, you may want to post sensitive things with a disposable account. Internet detectives can not go through all your comments and look for clues to find out who you are.
Remember, an unidentifiable account does not protect you from saying something that you can use to find out who you are. Pay attention to what information you pass on.
The term "disposable account" is also used for other types of online accounts, from e-mail and social media to online games. It is a temporary account that is not your main account.
Creating a Disposable Account at Reddit
Reddit accounts are free and there is no limit to the number of accounts you can create.
You can stay signed in to your regular Reddit account while using a disposable account if you want. Just open a private browser window (incognito), start another browser or use a different browser profile.
Visit Reddit and click Sign In at the top of the page. If you are already logged in, you must first log out.
Enter a Username and Password. The username can be any length as long as it is unique. However, do not choose a username that you have used elsewhere. Be sure to select a username that is not associated with your regular Reddit username. Some people even put "throwaway" in the name of the account.
You do not need to enter an email address to create an account – more on that later – but you must check the CAPTCHA box before clicking the Sign In button.
check box Disable all subreddits you have selected and click the Finish button.
You will be logged in to Reddit with your new disposable account.
Should you add an e-mail address?
You probably noticed that you did not add an email address when you set up your account. You do not need but there are situations where one could be useful.
You need an e-mail address if you have forgotten your password and need to reset it. You will not receive e-mail notifications for comments and messages if you do not add an e-mail address.
You can add an e-mail address without using your real one in different ways.
- This is possible for Gmail users Create an available alias that directs emails to the main inbox of Gmail. You can then set captions and filters as needed.
- You can create a brand new email address. Creating a new account on Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo is quick and easy.
Adding an email address can be helpful. However, you should not add any for the ultimate function to discard Reddit accounts. If you care about notifications, you can use and activate the Reddit iPhone or Android app. If you want to forget your password, use a password manager.