One of the hallmarks of mostspeakers is the Light Ring.
When you wake up the speaker with "Alexa," the ring glows blue and then swirls as Alexa processes her.
This illuminated ring also serves as status indicator and indicator light. Sometimes the ring lights up with different colors, all of which mean something important.
What these colors mean.
Most of the time, the light ring stays off. If the device is connected and no lights are on, it means the speaker is up and waiting for you to speak the wake-up word. When you interact with Alexa, you will see white and different blues.
- When you speak the word or awaken Alexa manually, the light ring turns blue and a small part of cyan turns blue Point in the direction of the person speaking.
- If you have spoken a command, Alexa means that the cyan command is blue (19459009). This also happens when the loudspeaker is switched on.
- The light ring displays the percentage volume fraction in white when you rotate the light ring manually in the Amazon Echo or in the Echo Dot of the first generation press the volume of the Echo Dot of the second generation
The light ring also informs you when problems with Alexa occur. Status indicators are red, purple or orange.
- Rotation Violet indicates that a problem has occurred during wireless LAN setup.
- Rotating Orange means the device is currently connecting to your network.
- Monochrome red means that the microphone has been turned off and Alexa is not actively listening to your commands.
- A Red Blue Light That Ends with a Violet Lightning Points to Do Not Disturb
- A Purple Lightning after interacting with Alexa means that "Do Not Disturb" continues is activated.
Since Alexa can now send messages and make calls, Amazon has introduced two new notification colors: Green and Yellow.
- A pulsating green light indicates an incoming call.
- A Red Green Light means you are on the phone.
- A vibrant yellow light tells you that you have news in your inbox.
Echo Look Ring Colors  amazon-echo-look-product-photos-8 "data-original =" https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/DxdtgNA1bpSsW0EgEqQee2wfXv0=/724×0/7/06/09/ 38dcecc1-67d6-428d-88b3- c7dde428875e / amazon-echo-look-product-photos-8.jpg “/>
Tyler Lizenby / CNET
Tyler Lizenby / CNET
Thealso has a light ring, but some things are different with this device. The most obvious is the camera, which is equipped with a special light sequence on the ring. Less obvious is that you can not use it to make or receive calls or messages. Here are the light ring sequences of the Echo Look:
- While the device is being powered up, the light ring is blue with rotating cyan .
- When all lights are turned off the echo look is active and a listing for your commands.
- Monochrome Blue with Cyan means Alexa is processing your request.
- A orange red light indicates that the device is in setup mode.
- A flashing white light means that the camera is on.
- Solid red means the camera and microphone are turned off.
- Flashing red indicates that Alexa is not available
- If a failure occurs in the WLAN setup, the ring lights up several colors .
Lights on the Amazon Tap
The five LEDs on the front front edge of thewhich are referred to as the front light indicator, also differ slightly from the standard light ring seen on other echo speakers.
For starters, call and messaging are not available on the Tap, so the Tap does not display any lights for notifications. Since there is no light ring, the indicator lights can not turn. Instead, the lights pulsate from left to right.
- When you press the microphone button, they light cyan .
- The lights pulsate when switched on Cyan and Blue . Pulsing Cyan indicates that Alexa is processing your request.
- Monochrome red indicates that the microphone is off.
- Pulsierrot means Alexa could not handle her command.
- Pulsing Amber indicates from left to right that the speaker is in Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Blue over unlighted light sources means that the speaker is in Bluetooth pairing mode.
CNET Magazine : Check a Examples from the CNET Newsstand Edition
Tech Culture : From film and television to social media and games, here is the place for the lighter side of the technology.