WhatsApp, a messaging platform owned by Facebook, now has the ability to unlock fingerprints to open the app on Android phones. This followsusers already in February, and provides additional security for those using the app, as The Verge reported on Thursday.
How to Set Up the Additional ID Authentication.
- First, open your WhatsApp settings in the upper-right corner of the app, which contains the three vertical dots.
- Tap Account, then Privacy.
- At the bottom of the privacy settings, find "Fingerprint Lock". Tap on it and enable "Unlock with fingerprint".
- You will then be prompted to verify your identity by entering the fingerprint you registered to unlock your Android phone.
- You can then choose to automatically lock WhatsApp ̵
You can still receive calls through WhatsApp when the app is locked.
You can also check
Why the Ultrasound Fingerprint Reader on the Galaxy S10 is important