The Windows Update of November 1
Windows 10 is now onMicrosoft said in September. Important updates to the operating system occur every six months, most recently the May 2019 update (version 1903). The November 2019 update includes the same maintenance content as the May release, so the download should be faster. The same cumulative update processes are used to deploy the feature update.
We already know the following.
When will the Windows Update of November 10, 2019 be available?
The update is currently available for Windows Insider programs. Developers and technology enthusiasts have early access to upcoming releases to test new features and provide feedback. You can join the Windows Insider program with your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account.
For all others the update, as the name implies, should be available sometime in November.
What new features will be included?
According to a Microsoft blog post, Windows 10 users have the following new features:
- Third-party digital wizards can be activated over the lock screen using voice commands.
- You can create events directly from the Calendar flyout on the taskbar without having to open the Calendar app.
- In the Start menu, when you hover over it, the navigation pane expands, giving you more information about each icon before clicking it.  Notification changes make it easier to configure and manage notifications from an app or website directly in the notification, both as a banner and in the Action Center.
- File Explorer supports the Windows Search search box. for better online integration of OneDrive content.
- Speakers and other assistive technology read and learn where the FN key is on keyboards. It can determine if the key is locked or unlocked.
Microsoft has also made "general improvements in battery life and energy efficiency for PCs with certain processors," although no further details are available.
How to Install the Update
If you are a member of the Windows Insider program, you can download the Windows 10 November 2019 update to your PC from the release preview ring of the program:
1. Go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Insider Program and click the button Getting Started .
. 2 Link your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account. This is the email account you used to sign up for the Windows Insider program.
. 3 Select Only fixes, apps, and drivers to join the Release Preview Ring and get the November 2019 update.
. 4 Confirm the legal information.
. 5 Press Restart Now to make sure your PC is now in the Release Preview Ring. Without restarting your PC your PC will not be fully connected. A reboot is required.
. 6 After restarting your PC, check the settings of your Windows Insider program under Settings> Update and Security> Windows Insider Program and make sure that under "How soon do you want to get new builds?" The option "Release Preview" is displayed.
7. Go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update and click the button Check For Updates . Your PC should receive the November 2019 update.
If you're already a member of the Windows Insider Program's "Release Preview" ring, you can simply follow step 7 above.
If you are not a member of the Windows Insider program, you can download the November 2019 update from the Windows Update page under Settings if it is available.
Because the update is provided as a small activation package, if you are already running Windows 10 version 1903, the download and installation process should take only a few minutes, reported ZDNet. If you are running version 1809 or earlier, it takes longer to receive the full feature update.
For more information about Windows 10 features, see our guide on making and receiving Android phone calls on your Windows PC and getting the best anti-virus protection from 2019 for Windows 10.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.