Waiting for a Gmail message on your iPhone ($ 1
To disable images in Gmail being automatically opened.
. 1 Open Gmail on your iPhone or iPad ($ 249 at Walmart) .
2. At the top left, tap the three-line Hamburger menu.
3. Select Settings from the menu.
4. Tap at the top of your Gmail account.
5. Select Pictures .
6. Select questions before viewing external images .
7. If you open an e-mail that contains pictures, they will be hidden. If you want to see them, tap Show pictures .
You can change this setting at any time by going back to Always show external images .
Would you like more Google tips? Take a look at these 5 clever Gmail tricks to minimize regret, frustration, and spam.