If you have a Yahoo account any time between 2012 and 201
The breaches in the scope of two in 2012 where Yahoo said no data was taken, to a 2013 breach where hackers were able to gain access to more than 3 billion Yahoo accounts and steal names, email addresses, telephone numbers
At the end of month, Yahoo announced that it had an account between Jan.1, 2012, and Dec.
Yahoo said I have a Yahoo account between Jan. 1, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2016, or were a notice about the breaches of data in 2016 or 2017 and are a resident of the United States or Israel, you are a member of the settlement. You can contact the settlement administrator if you want to confirm.
A qualifying Yahoo account includes Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr, and Flickr.
How much money should you expect?
in a hack. You can submit claims for money and credit monitoring:
- At least two years of credit monitoring services provided by AllClearID. The service includes identity theft monitoring, up to $ 1 million in theft insurance and identity recovery assistant.
- A cash payment if you already have credit monitoring and protection services. Yahoo said the payment could range from less than $ 358.80 to $ 358.80.
- Cash reimbursement up to $ 25,000 to cover out-of-pocket costs of a breach. You can therefore recover from a breach.
- A Yahoo up to 25 percent of the amount you pay for a yahoo account.
- Yahoo small business user email service, with a cap of $ 500 a year .
How to file a claim?
You can submit claims as a basic account holder, a paid user and a small business user. Israeli citizens must submit a separate claim form.
You need to submit all claim forms – either online or postmarked by mail – by July 20, 2020.
The settlement is pending final court approval set for April 2, 2020. We'll update this story as we learn more. In the meantime, here's a running list of the recent major data breaches and more on what to do if you are part of a data breach.