YouTube is a powerhouse for beauty tips, from advanced eyeshadow techniques to cool new hairstyles. A new feature for YouTube on your phone uses AR (Augmented Reality) to help you try on lipstick with your front camera ̵
The new AR Beauty fitting tool in the YouTube app for Android and iPhone lets you try on the MAC lipstick while following the beauty vlogger Roxette Arisa. This new feature lets you preview lipstick colors before you buy. It could even save you the trip from the store – if you find a color that fits you damn well, you can buy it right away.
YouTube, the world's most popular video sharing platform, is already the most influential in product recommendations of all kinds. The integration of AR makes it even more personal.
YouTube says it's exploring other make-up options, so we'll keep our fingers crossed for virtual redness and eye shadow shades soon. This is how you try lipstick in the YouTube app. Have fun!
1. Search the YouTube app for this video: Golden Goddess Makeup Tutorial with all my Holy Grail MAC products.
2. Tap . Try it on .
3. Then tap OK .
4. Select OK to grant YouTube access to your camera. You must do this to use the feature.
5. The screen splits and you see yourself in the bottom half of your phone screen, along with 24 lipstick shades that you can swipe through. Touch any color you want to try on. Be careful when you move your mouth – it can happen that your teeth are wearing a wrong lipstick.
6. If you select colors, you will notice that the MAC shading names appear at the bottom of the screen. If you find a color you want to buy, tap Shop .
7. Tap again to open MAC's shopping cart in your preferred browser and pay from there.
If you enjoyed this article, you should take a look at these 9 hidden YouTube features and 6 unknown YouTube TV tricks.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.