Several OnePlus smartphones have a feature called Zen Mode. As the name implies, OnePlus Zen Mode's goal is to bring some peace to your life by helping you get rid of your phone and focus a little on the real world.
How does it work? In short, it locks you away from your phone for a set amount of time. Your phone is on and there are some features you can still use, but overall your phone will stop working.
If you have trouble hanging up and concentrating on tasks – or just it's difficult to unplug the plug for a few minutes – Zen mode is perfect for you. In the following instructions you will find out how it works, which phones it works on and more!
What does the OnePlus Zen mode do?
When you turn Zen Mode on, your phone will go into a frozen state for a while. During this time, you can not open apps, send text messages, change settings, or perform most other smartphone functions.
You can only make and receive calls and take photos. However, after taking a photo, you can not view the entire gallery to edit the photo or publish it to social media. While you can receive calls from anyone, you can only make emergency calls (eg, 911).
If you enable Zen mode, you will not need to use your phone for a certain amount of time.
When you turn on the phone When this feature is turned on, there is no turning back: even if the phone restarts, the phone will not turn off. The default activity time is 20 minutes. So you have to wait 20 minutes before the phone will work normally again. Use this function with caution!
As an added feature, the Zen Mode app can also notify you if you've used your phone without pausing for a while. The default is two hours, but you can change the reminder window at other times. The reminder will prompt you to enter Zen mode.
Which phones offer Zen mode features?
OnePlus introduced zen mode with the OnePlus 7 Pro , Since then, the company has transferred the feature to other phones in its list.
It should be noted that this is an exclusive OnePlus feature that you will not find on phones from other manufacturers. Other manufacturers may offer a similar function under a different name.
OnePlus phones with Zen mode are:
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 6T
- 19659021] OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 5T  OnePlus 5
It is unlikely that OnePlus will transfer this feature to phones older than OnePlus 5. 19659006] To use Zen mode:
- Unlock your phone and pull down the notification protection.
- Pull the protection down again to fully expose the Quick Tile settings (see screenshots below).
- Tap Zen mode Quick Tile to open the app. There is no stand-alone app to open. You must access it through Quick Tiles.
- When in Zen mode, you can tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner to enable or disable the feature that notifies you have been on your phone for too long. You can also tap the statistics icon (next to the gear icon) to see how many times you used the feature.
- When you're ready to start Zen mode, just click the Go! Button. You will be warned how Zen mode works.
- Clicking the Start button launches a countdown timer that gives you three seconds to change your mind.
- Once Zen Mode starts, a timer will be displayed on your screen telling you how many minutes / seconds you have left.
- While Zen Mode is active, you can only make emergency calls and take photos with your phone.
- Once the timer has expired, will be a Good Job "notification. You can also tell social media how long you've been in Zen mode and why you used it.
That's all you need to know about OnePlus Zen mode! Finally, OnePlus provides further customization of the feature, so you can specify, for example, how long the lock should last. Stay tuned for more Zen mode updates!